It has been brought to my attention that I have been ‘tagged’. Seems to be some devilish Web 2.0 nonsense that I really shouldn’t darken my door with but, since I am devoid of creativity, I will allow it. (Although it does seem a little ridiculous). Although finding 8 people to spread this onto will be a little tricky…finding 8 people I’m prepared to admit that I do this kind of thing to is even harder…
These are the rules:
- We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
- Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write in their own blog about their eight things and include these rules in the post.
- At the end of your post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
So, my 8 things:
- I once ate cheese toasties in the Board Room of the largest company in India. I was very hungry at the time. They were great.
- I once won a copy of ‘Beaky and the Egg Snatchers‘ for the ZX Spectrum in a magazine. There were 100 winners and my name was printed first.
- I support Manchester United, my name is on the pavement outside the ground and I attended my first match at Old Trafford while still in the womb. (And I still get tears in my eyes whenever I see the goals against Bayern in 1999.)
- I once sold George Takei 3 postcards. They cost 45p. He said “Is that a 50? I’m not familiar with you currency.” I kept my pants dry. Just.
- I was so good at the original Monaco GP arcade game that I could run the score off the top of the scoreboard.
- I’ve had a novel rejected by a publisher. Therefore I am now ‘proper’.
- I really don’t like needles, but had two inoculations this week and the nurse said I was ‘very brave’.
- I’m a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. Thought I should have at least one sensible one. They’ll be very proud if they read this.
I don’t have 8 people to tag so, sorry, I’m going to fail to perpetuate this tomfoolery. Does that mean I’m out of Fight Club now? Good, I was a bit worried that I might be Meat Loaf’s character anyway.
Scott: “Does that mean I’m out of Fight Club now? Good, I was a bit worried that I might be Meat Loaf’s character anyway.”
Made me laugh out loud – there’s a first! 🙂